question

ku-2793 avatar image
0 Likes"
ku-2793 asked

Catalog API

I am trying to query the catalog API however my GET request returns an error that I either have insufficient permissions or that my authorization is invalid. The documentation for this API is not leading me anywhere. What are the specific values I need to provide in my authorization or how can I get permission to use the catalog API?

catalog api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lauriecam-80 avatar image
0 Likes"
lauriecam-80 answered

Hoping someone can help before I continue further down the rabbit hole of API documentation without much luck.

Im looking to determine how to distinguish a service catalog item forms inputs on the service now portal vs what is being returned by the API. There are significantly more "variables" being returned from the api then is is being shown in the portal for the item, with no attribute differences between variables shown vs variables not.

Im guessing this is either down on a portal level that im not familiar with, or is user oriented for what values are shown. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

https://www.targetpayandbenefits.review/

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered

I am trying to query the catalog API however my GET request returns an error that I either have insufficient permissions or that my authorization is invalid. The documentation for this API is not leading me anywhere. What are the specific values I need to provide in my authorization or how can I get permission to use the catalog API?

You don't need special permissions.

• Make sure you are passing a valid token on the Authorization Bearer <token> header.
  • Make sure you pass the additional marketplace header required by the call.
  • Make sure the scope is set properly, you'll get a permissions error otherwise.
  • The scope is embedded in the tokens, so if you change it, you have to regenerate the token.

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/commerce/catalog/resources/product/methods/getProduct

Hey Clickimus, thanks for responding! If you don't mind is the correct token for this request the application keys or the auth token from eBay? I am passing the marketplace (""X-EBAY-C-MARKETPLACE-ID": "EBAY_US").

What do you mean by the scope? Are you referring to the OAuth scope? Would appreciate some tips!

0 Likes 0 ·
Read the doc page. It requires OAuth.
-1 Like -1 ·
sagar_developersupport avatar image
-1 Like"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @ku-2793,

Please use the correct token, As Catalog API uses the authorization code grant flow make sure you are using this token while making the call.

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.