question

rickendude avatar image
0 Likes"
rickendude asked

How to get the actual selling price? GetSingleItem somtimes returns a wrong value

Hello.

I have noticed an annoying difference that sometimes occurs when I use GetsingleItem to get sold items information, sometimes the price that GetSingleItem returns is different than the price that actually appears on the page.

For example, take a look at item 140805296973:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?item=140805296973 Says that the item was sold for $1,895.57

http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&responseencodin... says that the selling price was $2,243.73

I tried using various IncludeSelectors to get more information to no avail.

Is there a way to get the REAL selling price? preferably using a GET compatible function?

Thanks in advance.

getsingleitemprice-difference
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

BestOfferEnabled=true

Price is ask price.

Looks like ask was 1450 GBP and sell was 1225 GBP

and you're dealing with two currencies. Looks like eBay is calculating conversion rates at current levels in the API results instead of locking it down when the item sells.   Currently at 1923.01 USD (1.5698 x 1225)

http://www.oanda.com/currency/historical-rates/

On best offers, showing the accepted offer is bad mojo. They shouldn't be showing that price on the website. It's like a realtor that always recommends undercutting the market price or a Chinese manufacturer with government subsidized shipping; it drives prices down and damages the market at the same time.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, but I don't see BestOfferEnabled=true anywhere. Are you sure it was a best offer???

As for the currency - I am aware to the differences, thanks. I don't care much about a few dollars here and there.

Lastly - at least on Rickenbacker guitars (which is what I am trying to track) sometimes the BIN asking price is exaggerated to funny levels (asking $5000 for an instrument that normally sells for $3000), looking at the BIN price without he accepted offer actually drives the prices up...

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Oy Vey.

I just noticed that Bestofferenabled is indeed true (when using "Details" for my include selector).

I think I already asked here in the past but I never managed to get around it - is there a way to have the API show me the actual selling price? I never managed to get any of the POST functions to work, I couldn't find a decent example as to how should my entire header look like and where to POST to. I would appreciate a small example if a function that needs a POSTed XML is indeed my only option (I currently just use GET for my API communication).

Thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.