question

dwitchlow avatar image
0 Likes"
dwitchlow asked

For a given leaf category, how do I find what Item members are mandatory

My client will be creating product inventory on my system which will then be uploaded to eBay; I have a field where my client will enter the category where they want to list their product and my software will use "AddFixedPriceItemCall" to try to insert an item in this category. Some categories have mandatory requirements (e.g. shoes need a "Shoe Size" variation, some require a "Brand" etc) which I need my client to input into my system, so I need to inform my client what they must define for each category which they choose to use - I don't want them to have to try the add and then make a note of the errors received!

I've been trawling through the documentation on eBay Categories to try to find an answer to this question but I can't find anything which doesn't fill me with dread. The only way I can see that I can obtain this list of mandatory fields for items in a given category is to walk the category tree up from the leaf node to the root, for every possible attribute in the enormous set of possible attributes, seeing which ones are mandatory.

Have I missed a simple call where I can specify a leaf category number and receive a collection of mandatory items such as "Shoe Size" or "Brand" etc?

categoryspecifics-missing
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered

Hi dwitchlow

You make call to GetCategorySpecifics API with the <CategoryID> as an input parameter.

In the response if ameRecommendation.ValidationRules.MinValues is 1 or more, it means this ItemSpecfic is required in listing requests.

Please refer to the following knowledge base article for more clarification on this:
Title: How to identify the required item specifics
Link: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1930

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.