question

qtyman avatar image
0 Likes"
qtyman asked ·

ePID changed?

I have a customer with a few thousand listings and every listing I look at right now has the wrong ePID listed in my database. These are all product ids that do not exist at all. There is absolutely no trace of them on the site. However I was able to find evidence from external sources in some cases that the ePID did at one time exist and is for the same product that the seller has listed. This tells me that this isn't a bug in my system.

Has eBay dropped all ePIDs and replaced them now with completely different values? Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of guarantee that ePIDs don't change? It makes no sense to change them as it means persistent pages on eBay have their links randomly change messing with SEO on Google. Even if they were to purposely do this they failed to generate redirect links from the old product page to the new one.

epidproductepid-codeproductapi
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.