question

anle_779859 avatar image
0 Likes"
anle_779859 asked

Sandbox - Issues listing sales and making an offer on fixed price

Two problems have surfaced in the last couple of weeks in the eBay Sandbox environment.

1. After logging in to the eBay Sandbox as a test user (playing buyer role) , the "Make an Offer" button when viewing a fixed price listing is not working. It displays a modal with a link to "resume", which simply re-displays the modal.
    1. A workaround I've used for this in the past was to right click on the button and "Copy Link" then paste that into a new browser tab. The workaround no longer works either.
    2. Here is an example listing that I can't make an offer on - https://sandbox.ebay.com/itm/110534866457
  2. After logging on as my seller test user, I land on the Home page (https://www.sandbox.ebay.com/mys/home). When selecting the "Selling" item from the "My eBay" menu, I simply get redirected back to the home page. The "Developer Tools" on my browser show two jquery scripts failing. Other items under the My eBay menu no longer work at all, so there is no way to display my list of items for sale.

These features both worked 3 weeks ago. Something seems to have broken the environment.

fixedpriceitemseller listmakeoffer
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
-1 Like"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi anle_779859 ,

You can use CompleteSale call of Trading for performing post-payment tasks.

To test CompleteSale in the Sandbox, you must have at least two test users: one to act in the capacity of an item seller and the other as a buyer.

For testing the auction listings, a buyer must have placed a bid on the item and the listing must have ended with a purchase. List an auction item on sandbox and use a separate user to place bids on the item.

The seller can end the listing early using EndItem. If you set EndingReason to SellToHighBidder, the call does not cancel existing bids and the listing ends as a successfully concluded auction. One order line item is created for each winning bidder, and the seller can leave feedback for each.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/CompleteSale.html

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @sagar_developersupport,

Your answer didn't address my question at all.

However, you did say this in your answer: "For testing the auction listings, a buyer must have placed a bid on the item ..."

I said in my question that the sandbox is not letting me do that now. I login as the test buyer and I can open the listing but I can't make a bid on the item (the "Make Offer" button is not working correctly).

I'm sorry, but your answer is not remotely close to answering my question. Also keep in mind this is for a fixed price / OBO item, not an auction.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.