question

cable-store avatar image
0 Likes"
cable-store asked ·

Why ebay make notification API so complicate?

I just finished implementing the webhook endpoint to response to the delete user call.

Question:

1. The minute I add the URL, I receive notification immediately. Does ebay filter the userids (e.g. only send relevant userids) or just send it whenever a user request the deletion (to all keyset)?

Suggestion:

1. No sandbox test for the delete user notification. I had to use the real URL for testing.

2. The validation of the call. This is REALLY UNNECESSARY. what ebay should do is, send a checksum or digest (computed using developers appid and certid) along with the notification, and when the endpoint receives the notification, the endpoint can use the appid and certid along with the message self and to compute a digest and compare it with the digest sent with the notification. This way, the endpoint does NOT need to request the application access token (which expires in 2 hours), and no need to call the get public key api. The call to get the public key api really adds UNNESSARY traffic to our system and ebay's system. Shopify is doing exactly what I mentioned here. It sends an HMAC checksum along with the notification, no need to call shopify to validate.

notifications api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

runolfwi0 avatar image
-1 Like"
runolfwi0 answered ·

Trying to work out how to properly use the eBay API to find the average sale price of an item. Problem I am running into is if I search for the sold listings of a high volume item like "Samsung Galaxy S8" there are almost 17k results.

Am I correct in my understanding that if the default eBay call limit is 5k calls per 24hrs then that one search would be more then three times the default limit?

https://www.myccpay.pro/

·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·

Seems like the validation portion is optional. You can respond 200 and then be done. If your internal process to verify a username is low impact, I would check for the user first and then validate the request with eBay if the user is present (and you feel the need). If you don't have the user's data, it's irrelevant where the request came from.

Could you please comment on how many user delete requests are coming thru daily. I'm curious how much traffic this is going to add.

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.