question

netvigator avatar image
0 Likes"
netvigator asked

do I need an OAuth application access token?

I have been using the shopping service for GetSingleItem calls, and today for the first time I got this:

Token not available in request. Please specify a valid token as HTTP header.
ErrorCode: 1.33

This crashed my process. So I changed my code to catch and ignore this error. Running the process again, I got the token error on the exact same item (#164862306610). I did not get an error on any other item -- I got the info on all the other items.

I found this, which I understand to mean I need to get an access token:

https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/40982/frequent-invalid-token-errors-using-oauth-for-shop.html

1. Is getting a token mandatory?
  2. Do I need a user token or an application token?
  3. Do I get one token and use it for each of many GetSingleItem calls, or do I get a new token for each GetSingleItem call?

tokenshopping apitoken errorgetsingleitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
sanjiv_developersupport answered

Hi @netvigator , Thanks for reaching out.

1. Starting on July 1, 2021, developers using Shopping API calls must authenticate with an OAuth application access token using the X-EBAY-API-IAF-TOKEN HTTP header, as both the appid query parameter and X-EBAY-API-APP-ID HTTP header will be deprecated on June 30, 2021. Developers should start making plans at their earliest convenience to migrate to using OAuth application access tokens with https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope scope. See the The client credentials grant flow topic for more information on generating and managing OAuth application access tokens. See the Specifying OAuth scopes topic for more information on OAuth scopes.

Currently, to use a Shopping API call, developers can either pass in their developer account App ID through either the appid URL parameter or through the X-EBAY-API-APP-ID HTTP header, or they can use an OAuth application access token that is passed into the X-EBAY-API-IAF-TOKEN HTTP header.

2. You need application access token.

3. OAuth Application access token is good for 2 hours.

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.