question

ku-2793 avatar image
0 Likes"
ku-2793 asked

Applying Aspect Filter to Finding API

Is there a way to apply aspect filters (size, brand, etc), without using 2 API calls? If I am looking for a size 8 Nike Shoe, can I just use the aspect filter at the first call and if there are no results then I know that there is not a Nike Shoe at size 8 currently available. From the docs it seems like I need to make a call to get the histogram and then a second call to apply the aspects but I know what size I am filtering for before the first call so is it possible to just apply a single call with the aspects already loaded?

In order to apply filters to the finding API (such as Size or Brand), do 2 API calls need to be used? For example to get the aspects I need to make the first call, lets say I am looking for Nike Shoes with the finding API. I use the aspect histogram and then I can make a second call to apply the size filter for size 10? Or can I just apply the size filter at the first API call? I do not care if there are no results I would rather just use a single call to see if the item I am looking for is there or not.

apifinditemsadvancedfinditemsbykeywordsfindingapi
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sagar_developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @ku-2793 ,

You can use Catalog API instead of Finding API, here is the Ref:-https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/commerce/catalog/resources/product_summary/methods/search#s0-0-21-4-6-5-7-Searchfor[…]ywordandFilteredbyAspect-3

You can use this call for getting data without using 2 API calls.

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Sagar, the link you provided does not work. When requesting the GET example, I get a 1003 error that says my token type in Authorization is invalid. How do I resolve this?

0 Likes 0 ·
leounidm-13 avatar image
0 Likes"
leounidm-13 answered

AOP provides a way to declaratively say that you want to add those logging statements at those locations, and it will automatically rewrite your code to do that. It might be done as part of compilation or it might be done as your code is loaded into the running process. So you get the benefit of the logging without the maintenance burden of having a ton of logging statements at the start and end of your functions.

My CC Pay

Sorry what is AOP?
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.