question

nichje-38 avatar image
0 Likes"
nichje-38 asked ·

how to create or request Active Inventory Report via API

Hi,

can somebody please explain how I would request and download an Active Inventory Report using the Feeds API? I have a little experience with using cURL to sending requests to REST api but I'm by no means an expert. I've read through the all the documentation I can find on this but I'm still not much clearer on what I need to do. I've previously been able to uploaded files to FileExchange using just cURL and sending the authentication token. The report that you can request/download via the the Seller Hub has all the info I need in it i.e. itemID & customLabel I would just like to be able to run 1 request daily to download this info, without having to use a web browser. If you could show an example of how to do this using cURL and explain what each part of the request is that would really help.

Thanks.

api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nichje-38 avatar image
0 Likes"
nichje-38 answered ·

Is there anybody actually using the CreateInventoryTask api call via cURL? If so please post an example of how to do this, the documentation ebay provides is like giving you all the ingredients on how to make a cake but not telling the order to use them. Come on guys any help or suggestions are welcome.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nichje-38 avatar image
0 Likes"
nichje-38 answered ·

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. I had already looked at these references but I'm struggling to compose the request using cURL as the only example I can find is for a GET request and it looks like I need to create a POST request with a few other parameters. i.e. the Market Place ID in the header and authorisation token. Could you please give me an example of how to compose a POST request using cURL for the CreateInventoryTask call.

Thanks

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered ·

Hi @nichje-38,

You can use CreateInventoryTask call of Feed API to create a report that contains price and quantity information for all of the active listings for a specific seller. A seller can use this information to maintain their inventory on eBay.Please set feedType field as LMS_ACTIVE_INVENTORY_REPORT when executing the call. After the successful execution of CreateInventoryTask call, you will get a URL for the inventory task. The URL includes the eBay-assigned task ID.You can use this task ID in GetInventoryTask call for getting the task details and status of the specified inventory task.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/feed/resources/inventory_task/methods/createInventoryTask
https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/feed/resources/inventory_task/methods/getInventoryTask

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

Sorry, what I have to do when I have received the details about an inventory task? I received "COMPLETED" status, what next?

0 Likes 0 ·

Can you please post an example of your API POST request?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.