question

leetprints avatar image
0 Likes"
leetprints asked

Cannot Create Variations in Certain Category

Hello,

I am trying to list in category 183545. I can create variations through the eBay site but not through the AddFixedPriceItem call. A GetCategoryFeatures call reveals that variations are not enabled.

What is the reason for this discrepancy and can it be resolved?

addfixedpriceitemvariationscategoryidgetcategoryfeaturesmulti-variation-listing
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

leetprints avatar image
0 Likes"
leetprints answered

I can create the variation listing in a different category (non-eBay motors) and then manually move it to eBay Motors>Parts & Accessories>Motorcycle Accessories>Decals, Emblems & Flags>Decals & Stickers (183545) and it works.

However, I lose item specifics.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

leetprints avatar image
0 Likes"
leetprints answered

I can create variation listings in eBay Motors>Parts & Accessories>Motorcycle Accessories>Decals, Emblems & Flags>Decals & Stickers (183545) through the website interface, but AddFixedPriceItem and GetCategoryFeatures tells me variations are not enabled.

Variations don't seem to be enabled in any of the eBay Motors subcategories

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.