question

my_hidden_treasure_trove_llc avatar image
1 Like"
my_hidden_treasure_trove_llc asked

Can't Get Actual Shipping Cost Anymore Without GetSellerTransactions?

Hello,

So it seems that we're in a bit of a quandry here now that getSellingManagerSaleRecord has been deprecated. This was the only API endlink that I found that successfully provided the Tracking + Cost Paid by the Seller for the shipment. I saw they're trying to point us to the getOrders API for this, but the problem is that it still shows the Actual Shipping Cost as $0 every single time. How else are we supposed to programmatically get the Actual Shipping Cost that I as the seller paid for the package?

getordersgetsellingmanagersalerecordactual shipping cost
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sandjwarehouse2 avatar image
1 Like"
sandjwarehouse2 answered

yea, I had to get it from financial transactions. But there's no way (I know of) to tie it to an order. Not sure how we're supposed to calculate SKU level margins with this API.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

teamjb.hobbies avatar image
0 Likes"
teamjb.hobbies answered

Has anyone else contacted premium support maybe regarding this issue? This is super annoying.

snapstar-deals avatar image
0 Likes"
snapstar-deals answered

I also needed to get the shipping cost paid by seller and could not find any way to get it reliably. The Transactions API will return shipping labels purchased, but it will only have an 'order_id' field populated if the label is USPS (???). Any labels bought with the bulk label function will show up as one transaction with no 'order_id'. The Transactions report CSV mirrors this behavior.

I asked Premium Support about this and they acknowledged there's no way to get it. They said they considered adding support for it, but decided not to. :(

Looks like we're on our own. I only need this for my own personal purposes, so I plan on building a web scraper that just scrapes the order details page (which has the shipping paid). But obviously this wouldn't work for apps intended for third party sellers.

1631215345279.png (81.6 KiB)

my_hidden_treasure_trove_llc avatar image
0 Likes"
my_hidden_treasure_trove_llc answered

Wow, that decision makes absolutely no sense. How do they expect people to reconcile their shipping cost payments? I see getTransactions shows me the FedEx/UPS shipping amount I paid, which is nice and everything, but USPS is entirely missing and is 90% of my shipments. It seems that PayPal, which I think is where most of us buy our postage through, doesn't provide any type of eBay Order ID either to reference. I think they used to but I don't recall seeing it lately. Even the tracking number appears to be gone from PayPal reporting and would have been a good common field between the two datasets. Can you respond back to them that there's a big demand for this info and it's baffling how they wouldn't include something like this? It's pretty critical information, they have a million other useless API endpoints for all kinds of things but leave out this one massive thing that impacts everyone.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.