question

customfitautoaccess avatar image
0 Likes"
customfitautoaccess asked

Is Large Merchant Services the only way to upload tracking numbers into eBay?

Hi,

I have successfully managed to download orders from eBay using the API using PHP, but now I am trying to upload tracking numbers to eBay using the API. Initially I thought uploading order updates such as tracking numbers and downloading orders would follow very similar procedure, but as it turns out I have Large Merchant Services (LMS) to upload tracking numbers. 

I found this link which contains PHP samples to LMS: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1472

Is LMS the only way to upload tracking numbers into eBay? From the search I have been doing it seems that LMS is the only way. 

tracking-numberssetshipmenttrackinginfo
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

customfitautoaccess avatar image customfitautoaccess commented ·

It took me two days to get Amazon API to upload tracking numbers and download orders. With eBay API it has been two weeks struggle and counting, I am still no where in trying to upload tracking numbers. 

May be, just may be eBay needs to look on how Amazon does its web services. Look and learn.

0 Likes 0 ·
customfitautoaccess avatar image customfitautoaccess commented ·

I am using the LMS sample I found here https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1472 to upload tracking numbers for an order and I am using the sandbox to test it. The request is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<BulkDataExchangeRequests>
<Header>
<Version>591</Version>
<SiteID>0</SiteID>
</Header>
 <SetShipmentTrackingInfoRequest xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
    <OrderID>110096496858-26896837001</OrderID>
    <OrderLineItemID>110096496858-26896837001</OrderLineItemID>
    <Shipment> 
      <ShipmentTrackingNumber>1Z 999 999 99 9999 999 9</ShipmentTrackingNumber>
      <ShippedTime>2012-25-25T12:00:00.000Z</ShippedTime>
      <ShippingCarrierUsed>UPS</ShippingCarrierUsed>
    </Shipment>
  </SetShipmentTrackingInfoRequest>
</BulkDataExchangeRequests>

But eBay response always returns the following error: There is failure during file upload and post-upload checking (Error ID 16). Any idea what am I doing wrong?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.