question

customfitautoaccess avatar image
0 Likes"
customfitautoaccess asked

Is Large Merchant Services the only way to upload tracking numbers into eBay?

Hi,

I have successfully managed to download orders from eBay using the API using PHP, but now I am trying to upload tracking numbers to eBay using the API. Initially I thought uploading order updates such as tracking numbers and downloading orders would follow very similar procedure, but as it turns out I have Large Merchant Services (LMS) to upload tracking numbers. 

I found this link which contains PHP samples to LMS: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1472

Is LMS the only way to upload tracking numbers into eBay? From the search I have been doing it seems that LMS is the only way. 

tracking-numberssetshipmenttrackinginfo
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It took me two days to get Amazon API to upload tracking numbers and download orders. With eBay API it has been two weeks struggle and counting, I am still no where in trying to upload tracking numbers. 

May be, just may be eBay needs to look on how Amazon does its web services. Look and learn.

0 Likes 0 ·

I am using the LMS sample I found here https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1472 to upload tracking numbers for an order and I am using the sandbox to test it. The request is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<BulkDataExchangeRequests>
<Header>
<Version>591</Version>
<SiteID>0</SiteID>
</Header>
 <SetShipmentTrackingInfoRequest xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
    <OrderID>110096496858-26896837001</OrderID>
    <OrderLineItemID>110096496858-26896837001</OrderLineItemID>
    <Shipment> 
      <ShipmentTrackingNumber>1Z 999 999 99 9999 999 9</ShipmentTrackingNumber>
      <ShippedTime>2012-25-25T12:00:00.000Z</ShippedTime>
      <ShippingCarrierUsed>UPS</ShippingCarrierUsed>
    </Shipment>
  </SetShipmentTrackingInfoRequest>
</BulkDataExchangeRequests>

But eBay response always returns the following error: There is failure during file upload and post-upload checking (Error ID 16). Any idea what am I doing wrong?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.