question

flamentina-uk-ltd avatar image
0 Likes"
flamentina-uk-ltd asked

Changed Username - ERROR: {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description"....

Hi,

I recently changed my username on eBay and I got an error:

ERROR: {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"the provided authorization refresh token is invalid or was issued to another client"}

I can generate a User Token and replace it in the notepad but it works only for one update. The update is every 2 hours, so I have to generate manually the User Token but that's not the point. The script was automated and it should do it without any human intervention. The question is how to restore the previous connection? Do I need a new keyset?

Application Access Keys/ Application Keys / Request Another Keyset

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

api and api problem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @flam ,

If a seller changes their eBay member log-in name or the password for their eBay account, any active refresh tokens associated with the account will be automatically revoked by eBay. In addition, sellers can choose to revoke a token themselves via their eBay account pages.

If your refresh token gets revoked (or if it expires), then you must redo the consent-request flow in order to get a new access token and refresh token for the associated user.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-refresh-token-request.html

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.