question

amrakrr avatar image
0 Likes"
amrakrr asked ·

SoldItemsOnly FindingAPI Question,Finding API SoldItemsOnly Question

Hello Reader,

Trying to return sold items using SoldItemsOnly from the Finding API. It returns nothing, and in the description, it has "Reserved for future use" which I don't know if that means that it isn't available for use now. Does anyone know any way to access sold items?

https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/finding/CallRef/types/ItemFilterType.html

Thanks for reading,

Kind regards,

Amrak

finding-apiebayfinding apifindingapiitemsoldsoldsolditemsonlyitem soldsolditem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
computergearjd10 avatar image
1 Like"
computergearjd10 answered ·

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any way to access sold items outside of the Marketplace Insights API which is hard to get access to. The findCompletedItems call was the way to go until eBay abruptly depreciated the call.

· 4 ·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your reply! That is unfortunate. I will keep this question up to see if others have the same conclusion.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, it is unfortunate. I'm not entirely sure what their reasoning on this was, but it might be because findCompletedItems was a more resource-intensive call.

I actually wrote some code to approximate sold listings using active listings and predictors like price and best match rankings. It's written in Python, so let me know if you'd like to see it. I wouldn't mind sharing.

0 Likes 0 ·
amrakrr avatar image amrakrr computergearjd10 ·

That would be handy, thanks! Just to see how you did it. What's the best way to share it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.