question

wilhatfiel_6 avatar image
0 Likes"
wilhatfiel_6 asked ·

5 requests and error: Service call has exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called,2 calls and error: Service call has exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called

Hi, I'm using the findCompletedItems API and have run into an issue. I made 5 requests to this api and they all worked well, then on the 6th I received this error, and continue to get this error. After searching the docs, it appears the rate limit for this should be 5000/day and I haven't made any in the last week or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I'm using the findCompletedItems API and from having a look it appears the limit is 5,000 calls per day. However I made 2 calls to this, then on my 3rd, I received this error. Any clues why? Thank you

errorsearchfindcompleteditemsrate limit10001
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered ·

Hi @wilhatfiel_6 ,

The findCompletedItems call is deprecated as of October 15, 2020, and access is restricted. Please see all of deprecation and upcomming deprecation here

https://developer.ebay.com/docs/api-deprecation

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Is there another way to get same information, aside from the Insights API?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @cptanpanic ,

We recommend you to use eBay Terapeak research tool which gives access to real-world sales data for millions of items.
Ref: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/terapeak.html

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.