question

InactiveAutoUser avatar image
0 Likes"
InactiveAutoUser asked ·

Can't use the production server. Says I may be in violation of eBay policy.

I'm using the .NET SDK and Visual Studio 2010, and version 735 of the .NET SDK

I have written a nice app started from the Trading API sample that can post items for sale on eBay using the sandbox but I get "The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy." errors when I try to list an item in production mode.

I'm trying to list an item in category 63854 (lingerie) and my title is something simple like "Barbara Aeries panty".  

I'm sure I'm using a token for the production server, and I'm using https://api.ebay.com/wsapi as the SOAP API server.

I have my eBay and Paypal accounts linked fine. My seller account is "pantysalad", which I created recently. I think everything is setup good there. I haven't tried to sell anything manually yet, though.

Could it be that there is a mix of US and Canada stuff in my account settings? I am based in Canada but am using the US site (apiContext.site = SiteCodeTpe.US)

ebay-policiesimproper-words-in-an-item
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·

You need to look at the content in the Message field of the response to determine the exact cause for block.  Take a look at this Knowledge base article:

https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=694

· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok, thank you for that. I found the KB article and was able to find a better (longer) error message. The problem was that my description had a non-clickable link. 

It would be nice if the error code said that in the first place, but what the heck, I have an answer. Thanks!

I've noticed that the sandbox is QUITE different than the normal site. It would be really nice if the sandbox were updated...  For example, I don't see my animated GIF files on the production site but I DO on the sandbox.

-greg-

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.