question

matvals_15 avatar image
0 Likes"
matvals_15 asked ·

Privacy compliance

Hello, a few day ago a recevived an email from eBay saying that I have to do some stuff in order to be compliance with privacy regulations. If I don't do that my account might be terminated.

I just develop a desktop program that call the "getorders" api. I don't store any personal info related to the user. the program just save the userdid and pwd on the user pc and get the orders. All local, in don't have access to that data.

i don't know where to find further info, it seems that they'll give us an update (I hope soon) on this and people like me will have a way to avoid this stuff.

Thanks!!

privacy compliance
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lumintree_fashion avatar image
0 Likes"
lumintree_fashion answered ·
Note: Some developers might not be storing any data from eBay for 
various reasons. For such developers, we will working on a way to apply 
for exception via the Developer portal. More details about this will be 
added soon.

When can we apply for this exception?

·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered ·

Hi @matvals_15 ,

For now this is for all the developers who has active keysets and to assist third-party developers in deleting customer data, eBay has created a push notification system that will notify all eBay Developers Program applications when an eBay user has requested that their personal data be deleted and their account closed. Reference document will discuss what third-party developers will need to do to receive, respond to, and validate these eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notifications.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/marketplace-account-deletion

Note: Some developers might not be storing any data from eBay for various reasons. For such developers, we will working on a way to apply for exception via the Developer portal. More details about this will be added soon.

Best Regards ,
eBay Developers Support

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.