question

malh_5570 avatar image
0 Likes"
malh_5570 asked ·

API call only returning 5-20 results with broad query

Hi, I was just testing out the API but I'm running into an issue with the number of results returned. Here is the URL that I'm using:

"https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1\
?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByKeywords\
&SERVICE-VESION=1.13.0\
&SECURITY-APPNAME={appname}\
&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB\
&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON\
&REST-PAYLOAD\
&keywords=computer"

This returns 8 results, which is far far less than what I would expect with such a broad query. Furthermore, examining the paginationOutput in the response:

"paginationOutput":[{"pageNumber":["1"],"entriesPerPage":["100"],"totalPages":["135404"],"totalEntries":["13540323"]}]

we can see that there are supposed to be many many more results than just 8. I've visited the page on my browser manually to check that there aren't any issues with the way that Python is parsing it, and there aren't. If I then append paginationInput.pageNumber=2 to the above query, I get a zero-result response.

I would expect to have 100 results and then have to add paginationInput.pageNumber=X to the query to get more. What's going on here? My only guess is that since my API key was recently issued there's some kind of probationary limit on how many results I can get.

finditemsbykeywordsfindingapi
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

corvairtrunk avatar image
0 Likes"
corvairtrunk answered ·

Don’t know if this is an issue but you are missing an “r” in &SERVICE-VESION=1.13.0

·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·

Not your account, looks like a bug. It's only returning a subset of category 179. If you specifiy the category, 179 only gets the same subset, but category 111422 gets 100 items.

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.