question

MrForsythExeter avatar image
0 Likes"
MrForsythExeter asked ·

Call usage limit has been reached Error 518

It seems stupid that once this happens, you can't accept the alert and run tests inside the API Test Tool in production mode, now I know this is showing me the same error as I would have seen if called it, but there should be a way to test while this limit has been hit. Before any one shouts about sandbox.. sandbox is fine if you have enough data to work with so you can work out what is causing the limit to be hit.

Why can ebay not introduce the same logic as google. 25000 has to be exceed for x numbers of days in a row for the $4 charge per 1000 requests. have an application alert you are over the limit, which will then give people a chance to fix it before it becomes a problem. This hard limit is just not funny.

518-limit-reached
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The report now shows for a day that I have about 4 calls, however calling getAPIAccessRules still shows that the daliy limit has been exceeded. What gives? I would also like to point out that getAPIAcesseRules is pointless if it doesn't return the offending call, how are you meant to monitor it when you can't see it?

0 Likes 0 · ·
case-quantity-discount avatar image
0 Likes"
case-quantity-discount answered ·
Hey @MrForsythExeter , Almost 7 years since your post and ebay still forces f. daily limits instead of requiring, say, throttling, like amazon does.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·

Have the same error only after 4 calls ! 

We tried to get a UPC for Product Reviews.  We getting UPS through getitem which produces an error [Timestamp] => 2012-12-28T12: 58:00.750 Z

[Ack] => Failure

[Errors] => SimpleXMLElement Object

(

[ShortMessage] => Call usage limit has been reached.

[LongMessage] => Your application has exceeded usage limit on this call, please make call to GetAPIAccessRules to check your call usage.

[ErrorCode] => 518

[SeverityCode] => Error

[ErrorClassification] => RequestError

)

[Version] => 803

[Build] => E803_CORE_BUNDLED_15618782_R1

developer-support@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
developer-support@ebay.com answered ·

Hi,

As you have experienced there is a daily call limit of 5000 calls per day.  We can increase it to 1.5 million if you go through our free compatible application check.

/developers/ebay/support/certification

There is no charge for it,  and by completing the Compatible Application Check you'll know that your application will provide your users with a strong eBay experience and that you've made the most efficient use of the APIs you've implemented. This is a free service that the eBay Developers Program provides to its members.

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.