question

seattlemagpies1 avatar image
0 Likes"
seattlemagpies1 asked ·

Taxonomy API call limits

I'm working on a listing app and want to use the Getitemaspectsforcategory API call. This would obviously be used for every listing that gets created. I noticed that the call limit for commerce APIs was 5000 per day. I'm a bit worried that if I end up scaling the app to multiple users, we could easily exceed that limit.

Before I develop a lot of code on this, I'd like to know how the limits are applied (is it per user account or per developer account). And, if by developer account, how would you work around this. Clearly item specifics are required for any listing application and should be able to get those calls from ebay.

Thoughts on this?

taxonomy api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·

Hi @seattlemagpies1,

If you have call limit of 5,000 API calls per day for Taxonomy API, this indicates that any call of Taxonomy API can be executed and you can make a total of 5000 calls per day. The default API rate limits are designed for individuals and smaller businesses. If your volume increases, you can get higher limits after completing our Compatible Application Check process.
Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-call-limits

Best Regards ,
eBay Developer Support

·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.