question

solid_signal avatar image
0 Likes"
solid_signal asked

I am not able to generate OAuth access token

Hi Team,

I am recently created developer account for eBay and trying to generate application access token as per the eBay developer document. But looks like there is an issue with scopes. The scope values which am giving is showing as invalid. Can you please help me to creating an access token as per eBay document.

oauth scopesoauth token
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered

Hi @vijay2393,

Please make sure you are following the steps mentioned below for generating the token.

STEP 1: RequestURI:
POST https://api.ebay.com/identity/v1/oauth2/token

STEP 2: Put the Header as
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Authorization : The word "Basic " followed by your Base64-encoded OAuth credentials <client_id><client_secret>

STEP 3: Please define scope and grant_type under the Parameters. (If you are using postman please use Query Params)Set grant_type to client_credentials. Set scope to the URL-encoded space-separated list of the scopes needed for the interfaces you call with the access token.

We hope that this will successfully create Client_credentials token

Best Regards ,
eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
solid_signal answered

Hi Sanjiv,

I have used the same document and generated a access token , but with the token am not able to get the data from https request. Can you please confirm if any parameter is required to create or generate valid access token.
And also please let me know what is redirect_uri parameter in eBay developer and is it mandatory to generate access token. Finally am not able to use user tokens which are asking me to confirm legal address details.

0 Likes"
solid_signal answered

Hi Sanjeev by using the OAuth document am getting below error.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.