question

geowel_47 avatar image
1 Like"
geowel_47 asked

Marketplace Account Deletion/Closure Notifications Multiple Clients?

We have a legacy application which i have inherited support of and have received a notification about the Account Deletion Notification restriction coming in and have been looking at this today but the single URL endpoint in the developer centre doesn't work for our application design. We have multiple (~20) websites each with there own Client / API key generated so we would want the notification to go to the individual websites and not a shared notification server.

Am i missing something obviouse where we can register multiple notification URL's for each site, or is it expected to have a single endpoint, or should we be using a custom API keyset for each client.

Any advice on this would be appreciated on what the expected handling method is.

Thanks

notificationsmarketplace_account_deletionmarketplace notificationsaccount_deletion
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered

Hi @geowel_47,

Its up to you how you want to have a notification server endpoint and receive notification, shared or dedicated for server endpoint for this.

But this is for the all the active developer account keysets who are using the eBay public APIs and once your application is enrolled for eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notifications, your callback URL will start receiving HTTP POST, JSON-based notifications for each eBay user that has requested that their personal data be deleted and all the developers who has active keysets will receive the notifications. Please see the section "Receiving and Acknowledging eBay Marketplace Account Deletion/Closure Notifications" to know more about it and how you can ack/handle this.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/marketplace-account-deletion#Receiving%20and%20Acknowledging%20eBay%20Marketplace%20Account%20Deletion/Closure%20Notifications

Best Regards

eBay Developer Program

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

We are receiving a lot of notifications due to the vast number of eBay users, is there a way to tie the notification to the users we are aware of? The notification really needs to be sent to the client's eBay account as they would be able to delete the user. There is mention of an exemption, is there a way to apply for this?

0 Likes 0 ·
boundtoimpress avatar image
2 Likes"
boundtoimpress answered

Is there any reason we are being notified of EVERY account deletion, your hitting this end point at least once a minute which is not a lot but persistent traffic like this is likely to get the sender blacklisted on many hosting firewalls.

Please can this webhook be adjusted to ONLY send account deletions relevant to that specific API Credential usage?

Yes I want to know the answer to this too. Fair enough if we have received a message or order from the customer but if they have never contacted us. Why are we getting notified that their account is deleted. about 4 per minute.

0 Likes 0 ·

I second this.... I have integrated with many other marketplaces webhooks and they only send account deletions relevant to users authorize by our app. Unbelievable that a company such as eBay is doing this. Seems to be a data policy violation giving every single developer details of users that haven't even authorise their apps.

0 Likes 0 ·
kronozio-canada avatar image
0 Likes"
kronozio-canada answered

Make no sense to send all the deletion notifications!!! Come on eBay, each user that had authorized our app is OK, but not all the eBay marketplace users that delete their account!!! Why sending everything and give us small business the extra work and load. It would have been easy to just send the notification to the third party related to a user that has that third party link in his account...

This is a huge waste of resources also from your side...
0 Likes 0 ·

I second this.... I have integrated with many other marketplaces webhooks and they only send account deletions relevant to users authorize by our app. Unbelievable that a company such as eBay is doing this. Seems to be a data policy violation giving every single developer details of users that haven't even authorise their apps.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.