question

schmidtheim avatar image
0 Likes"
schmidtheim asked ·

Should I subscribe to eBay Marketplace Account Deletion/Closure Notifications?

I got a message from eBay to ask all developers to take actions to subsribe to marketplace account deletion/closure notifications. My application is just using Shopping APIs and Finding APIs. Should I do that?

The message said, All developers registered to the eBay Developer’s Program are required to be compliant by Aug 31st 2021. Failure to do so, might result in termination of your access to the Developer Tools, and/or reduced access to all or some APIs.

If I don't do that, may I access to some like Shopping APIs and Finding APIs?

platform notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

schmidtheim avatar image
0 Likes"
schmidtheim answered ·

Thanks. I noticed the FAQ section as follow.

Are developers required to subscribe to eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notifications?

Yes. Every eBay Developers Program application that is making API calls that use/store eBay user data must be subscribed to eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notifications. It is the responsibility of each developer to remove all user data associated with the eBay user specified in the eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notification.

My application is just for buying. It does not use/store eBay user data. I guess that it is not required for me to subscribe to such notifications.

·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·

Hi @schmidtheim,

For now this is for all the developers who has active keysets and to assist third-party developers in deleting customer data, eBay has created a push notification system that will notify all eBay Developers Program applications when an eBay user has requested that their personal data be deleted and their account closed. Reference document will discuss what third-party developers will need to do to receive, respond to, and validate these eBay marketplace account deletion/closure notifications.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/marketplace-account-deletion

Note: Some developers might not be storing any data from eBay for various reasons. For such developers, we will working on a way to apply for exception via the Developer portal. More details about this will be added soon.

Best Regards,
eBay Developers Support

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.