question

smartinec avatar image
0 Likes"
smartinec asked ·

Frequent Invalid Token Errors Using OAuth for ShoppingService

I switched my app to use OAuth for the ShoppingService on March 11th, 2021. However, starting on March 31st, 2021 I started receiving this error frequently for GetSingleItem calls:

error: Invalid token. Please specify a valid token as HTTP header.
statusCode: 1.32

Nothing changed in my app between those dates. Any idea what is going on?

apierrorshopping
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The errors have dramatically increased starting on April 4th, 2021. I'm still getting issued OAuth tokens fine, but the eBay system keeps returning the Invalid token error above. Please help.

0 Likes 0 ·
tgygui avatar image
0 Likes"
tgygui answered ·

Hi there, we get same errors, but not at every calls.

I tried with API Explorer and I get error like so and 300ms later it works fine for a few calls then an "Invalid token" error again . . .

·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·

Hi @smartinec,

For making the Shopping API, you need to authenticate with an OAuth application access token using the X-EBAY-API-IAF-TOKEN HTTP.
See here https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-client-credentials-grant.html for the The client credentials grant flow topic for more information on generating and managing OAuth application access token.

Best regards,
eBay Developer Support

· 2 ·

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I already switched to the X-EBAY-API-IAF-TOKEN token on 3/11/2021. And, it was working fine, until I started receiving intermittent errors on 3/31/2021. The errors continue.

0 Likes 0 ·

yes, we specify app token as an HTTP header and it works fine for a few calls then seconds later we get that "Invalid token" error and then works again and . . .

I tried with API Explorer and same result

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.