question

tkleinba avatar image
0 Likes"
tkleinba asked ·

Register without a phone

I would like to register as a developer for the ebay developers program. The sign-up form requires a mobile phone number for verification; however, I do not own a mobile phone, only a landline that cannot receive text messages. Is there an alternative way to verify oneself, so developers who do not own a phone can sign up? Thanks!

phonesignup
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·

Hi @tkleinba,

Currently you can not register for eBay developers program without a Mobile Phone Number as it is required for verification. You can use your organization's mobile number or your personal mobile for the verification. Once you have successfully register for eBay developers program account, you can change the contact information anytime, by going through the link given below:
Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/my/profile

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

· 1 ·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks!

This is very disappointing, of course, because it means that people who choose not to own a mobile phone are de facto excluded from the ebay developers program.

This practice also adversely affects developers who do own a mobile phone but do not wish to share the number just to sign up for a developers program, e.g. for privacy reasons. Requiring this personal information for developers who reside within the European Union does not seem to be GDPR-compliant either. The ability to change contact information associated with a profile after a successful sign-up does not migitate this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.