question

larrystrains603 avatar image
1 Like"
larrystrains603 asked

Client Alerts API

I am trying to access the Client Alerts API from a Windows Forms Application. I have a valid Authentication Token for the User. I can successfully Login to the Alerts Server. I have set User Notification Preferences using the SetNotificationPreferences call as required. (Yes, I have verified these settings numerous times.) 

Every time I make a GetUserAlerts call to the Client Alerts API, the response is always the same: Ack:Success, new SessionData, AND NO ALERTS even though I know that the requested events should have been triggered. I've been going around in circles on this issue for 3 days! I am not a novice... any suggestions (besides "is your computer plugged in?") would be great...

Larry

client-alert-api-empty-re
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

... and the crickets take over

0 Likes 0 ·
developer-support@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
developer-support@ebay.com answered

Hi Larry,

If you still are stuck and need help with your ClientAlerts please file a ticket with us at http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/request/default.aspx

Please provide us with your APPID, and any relevent API requests.

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dbakaev avatar image
0 Likes"
dbakaev answered

Hello,

I have the same issue, after switched from sandbox to production. Alerts don't appear. In sandbox all worked good.

1) I have checked that I subscribed to Client Alerts (GetNotificationPreferences)

<NotificationEnable><EventType>FixedPriceTransaction</EventType><EventEnable>Enable</EventEnable></NotificationEnable><NotificationEnable><EventType>ItemListed</EventType><EventEnable>Enable</EventEnable></NotificationEnable><NotificationEnable><EventType>ItemSold</EventType><EventEnable>Enable</EventEnable></NotificationEnable><NotificationEnable><EventType>ItemMarkedPaid</EventType><EventEnable>Enable</EventEnable></NotificationEnable>

2) DeviceType is setted to ClientAlerts

<AlertEnable>Enable</AlertEnable><NotificationPayloadType>eBLSchemaSOAP</NotificationPayloadType><DeviceType>ClientAlerts</DeviceType>

3) I have used the same credententials (AppID-DevID-CertID) to generate the ClientAlertsAuthToken and for setting the notification preferences.

I have wasted about week to find out, why its worked in sandbox mode and not working in production mode.

Thank you,
Denis

tgygui avatar image
0 Likes"
tgygui answered

Hi Denis, you can't use your Sandbox keys in Production as these are different.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

Hi,

I have the same problem.

GetUserAlerts works fine in Sandbox but returns  Ack:Success, new SessionData, AND NO ALERTS from production environment. I'm using production specific CertID and AppID. DevID is the same for Prod and Sandbox.

Also I'm using latest API versions - just for your information.

I set NotificationPreferences and checked them using GetNonificationPreferencies all looks good there.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

Is someone looking into comments? Developers have problems. Support where are you?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.