question

adamwilliamson1 avatar image
2 Likes"
adamwilliamson1 asked ·

"Required Privacy Compliance" - how required?

So I got an email from eBay today saying that unless I do a bunch of stuff to receive account closure notifications, it "might result in termination of your access to the Developer Tools, and/or reduced access to all or some APIs."

Does anyone know how serious this is? Thing is, I don't ever look up or store any account-related information anyway. I only use the API access to track end date and sale price of certain items. I don't look up or store anything about who the buyer or seller was, so I do not have anyone's PII. I don't really feel like writing all this webhook stuff that I will never use, just to jump through a compliance hoop.

Thanks!

apiprivacyprivacy policy
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My answer on another question might help.

0 Likes 0 ·
helios825 avatar image
2 Likes"
helios825 answered ·

You're not alone. There are many of us in the same boat, often with affiliate business models, or others who only make read-only calls to the API & don't store data.

If you look through the docs of this new compliance/callback requirement, they note that they'll soon offer an option to request an exemption for folks like us.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

auss1emike avatar image
1 Like"
auss1emike answered ·

I hope they do it properly then and don't just cvut us off like they have in the past.

My last post hasn't shown up here but this notification currently includes ALL account closures, so eBay have take to broadcasting usernames to anyone who creates this webhook.

I hope they solve this soon as it is sending a notification every 30-60 seconds, as it really is every account. Not just the ones that have accessed via a call for a specific seller.

0 Likes 0 ·
rkmullapudi avatar image
1 Like"
rkmullapudi answered ·

Hi, any one directly from eBay support can answer this?

We are using API read only calls in our web application and we updated our email address in "Alerts and Notifications > Market Place Account Deletion", but we are not able to enter
an Endpoint URL for receiving notifications because we don't know what to enter there. Could someone from eBay suggest us?

Best regards,

RK

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.