question

theiconic-australia avatar image
0 Likes"
theiconic-australia asked

Is it possible to link my e-Commerce warehouse inventory with eBay Stores inventory using Trading API?

Hi there,

I run an e-Commerce site with a warehouse inventory system that is based on Excel spreadsheets.  Is there an eBay API that links our inventory system with eBay Stores?  I believe the Trading API is the appropriate one to look into but I'm curious to know if you have experience linking inventories between your site and eBay Stores into one consolidated inventory.  The purpose is to avoid simultaneously selling the same item in eBay Stores and on my website and only having one of the item in stock.

Thanks in advance,

​davy

inventory-trading-e-comme
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
InactiveAutoUser avatar image
0 Likes"
InactiveAutoUser answered

Sure.  You can use AddItem to automatically post items to eBay based on your inventory.  I'd recommend putting PayPal IPN or eBay Platform Notifications in place as well so you can automatically remove the item from one place if it sells at the other.

For example, if you have PayPal IPN configured you can automatically remove an item from eBay when it sells on your site using EndItem.  If an item sells on eBay you can update your QTY in your own database or simply remove it from your website automatically.  This can all be accomplished within IPN.

---------------------------------------

Angell EYEUSBSwiper

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm working on an app right now that will copy inventory from the PDShop eCommerce platform to eBay. I can modify it to do your site too, perhaps. Which eCommerce platform are you using? 

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.