question

arthur_fubaby avatar image
0 Likes"
arthur_fubaby asked ·

Migrating to item_summary/search - features missing

I am migrating from the old FindingService/findItemsAdvanced to item_summary/search API and have hit issues with some features missing. It would be good to know if I've overlooked some of these in the docs, if they're planned for the future or can be requested:

1. No listing end time returned in the output. I can filter results on the end time, but not actually get an end time back to display.

2. Where has the sort on auction end time gone?

3. Images returned. thumbnailImage is way bigger than image! 1000px vs 225px Surely a bug? When will image dimensions be returned, docs just say 'Reserved for future use.'? Is it possible to request different size images, so as to best suit the display without needless scaling?

4. There is no itemSearchUrl provided anymore. It would be useful to have a link (and affiliate link) to the ebay page of search results matching the query.

Thanks!

item_summary search
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
arthur_fubaby answered ·

>The image returned in the field itemSummaries[]->image->imageUrl is 225 x 225 pixels.

Yes, spotted that, but oddly the thumbnailImage is 1000x1000! Go figure!

Again would have preferred more sizes like findItemsAdvanced, with its gallery and Large/SuperSize images with outputSelectors.

>For the itemAffiliateWebUrl to be returned you've got...

My question was about an affiliate link for the search as a whole, not each item in the search. Akin to the itemSearchUrl findItemsAdvanced returns.

·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
arthur_fubaby answered ·

>The image returned in the field itemSummaries[]->image->imageUrl is 225 x 225 pixels.

Yes, spotted that, but oddly the thumbnailImage is 1000x1000! Go figure!

Again would have preferred more sizes like findItemsAdvanced, with its gallery and Large/SuperSize images with outputSelectors.

>For the itemAffiliateWebUrl to be returned you've got...

My question was about an affiliate link for the search as a whole, not each item in the search. Akin to the itemSearchUrl findItemsAdvanced returns.

·

tapdevelop avatar image
0 Likes"
tapdevelop answered ·

1. An endDate is returned by /buy/browse/v1/item/getitem but only for items of type AUCTION.

3. The image returned in the field itemSummaries[]->image->imageUrl is 225 x 225 pixels. There are other sizes of images available but I can't remember if that's for getitem only.

4. For the itemAffiliateWebUrl to be returned you've got to set the HTTP header X-EBAY-C-ENDUSERCTX:affiliateCampaignId=<your_campaign_id>

5. You need to add the URL parameter &filter=buyingOptions:{AUCTION|BEST_OFFER|FIXED_PRICE} in order to have all type of items returned by search. Otherwise auctions aren't returned.

· 1 ·

>An endDate is returned by /buy/browse/v1/item/getitem

Yes, seen that. Would have liked it returned by item_summary/search to be a more direct replacement for FindingService.findItemsAdvanced. Bit inefficient to have to make a separate query for each item in a resultset just to get end dates...

I noticed getItem doesn't return if ended items sold or not. Like you get from the ShoppingAPI.GetSingelItem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.