question

riskes40 avatar image
0 Likes"
riskes40 asked

I am using one keyset for legacy APIs. As Shopping API is implementing OAuth starting July 1 2021, I have to enable OAuth on the keyset. So if I enable OAuth on the keyset, then will OAuth get applied for other Legacy APIs as well?

I am using one keyset for legacy APIs. As Shopping API is implementing OAuth starting July 1 2021, I have to enable OAuth on the keyset. So if I enable OAuth on the keyset, then will OAuth get applied for other Legacy APIs as well?

oauth2shopping apilegacy api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered

I doubt that'll happen, as there hasn't been any announcement about OAuth being used/supported in other Legacy API families. Continue to use AppID authentication in other Legacy APIs.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

okay, got you!

0 Likes 0 ·
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @riskes40 ,

You can use the same key-set for making the legacy calls as well as you enable OAuth on the same keyset.

For making the Shopping API, you need to authenticate with an OAuth application access token using the X-EBAY-API-IAF-TOKEN HTTP.

See here https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-client-credentials-grant.html for the

The client credentials grant flow topic for more information on generating and managing OAuth application access tokens .

Also, please see "Making an API Call" section for Shopping API mentioned below, to know more about making the call.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/shopping/docs/Concepts/ShoppingAPI_FormatOverview.html

Application access token expires in 7,200 seconds, meaning this token is valid for two hours from the time it was generated. For continued access after the token expires, you must mint a new token.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-client-credentials-grant.html

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

X-EBAY-API-IAF-TOKEN doesn't work on shopping API. I have tested many times with all possible methods and exactly as described in the ebay documentation but all in vain.

I think there is some technical issue on ebay API backend.

0 Likes 0 ·
riskes40 avatar image
0 Likes"
riskes40 answered

Hello @sagar_developersupport, So you mean if I enable OAuth on a keyset, I can use the same keyset for making calls to legacy APIs (like Finding API) that don't use OAuth?

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @riskes40 ,

Yes, you can use the same keyset for making the Finding API calls as well as you can enable OAuth and generate the application token for making the shopping API calls.

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.