question

guycre8ive avatar image
0 Likes"
guycre8ive asked ·

Hashes included with itemWebURL via item_summary

Can someone please explain the hashes included with itemWebUrl via /buy/browse/v1/item_summary? I keep getting scammed buying to resell on here so I'm writing a fraud scanner. It works great but I hit my request limit so I'm hoping a developer has the same idea and has already hashed the data I'm hashing to expose the fraudulent listings. I still have some tweaking to do but my first run generated over 300 suspect listings within my 5000 request limit. Scanner won't be that intensive once I have my generated data local to check from but it's going to take awhile to build that up with the limit and I still need to use the API to manage my orders and inventory. Please advise, thank you!

item_summary search
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered ·

How does the hash parameter in eBay URLs relate to writing software to detect scam listings?

Aside from that question, I too have always wondered what that hash parameter was used for, why it's there, and how it's generated.

· 1 ·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Are you familiar with how hashing works?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.