question

tapdevelop avatar image
0 Likes"
tapdevelop asked ·

Search - Browse API - No itemAffiliateWebUrl for EBAY_SG

If configured right (see below), calling Browse API search (/browse/v1/item_summary/search) returns the affiliate URL (itemAffiliateWebUrl) for ever item in every marketplace, except those from EBAY_SG.

The affiliate URL for EBAY_SG is returned by /buy/browse/v1/item/{item_id} which proves that items from EBAY_SG have an itemAffiliateWebUrl attached.

API URL

https://api.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item_summary/search?q=drone

HTTP Headers

Authorization:Bearer <your_access_token>
Content-Type:application/json
X-EBAY-C-MARKETPLACE-ID:EBAY_SG
X-EBAY-C-ENDUSERCTX:affiliateCampaignId=<your_campaign_id>

apiinconsistent data
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tapdevelop avatar image
0 Likes"
tapdevelop answered ·

Could someone replicate this behavior? It's very easy and if confirmed then it is a bug in the eBay Browse API and should be corrected.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jm_chasco avatar image
0 Likes"
jm_chasco answered ·

I tested one of my calls using EBAY_SG and i don't get affiliate link either, i thought it could be because i haven't partnership with Ebay Singapore, but i checked EBAY_HK (where i also haven't epn partnership) and it outputs affiliate link. So yes, EBAY_SG seems to be the only one not outputting affiliate link, itemAffiliateWebUrl field.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.