question

tapdevelop avatar image
0 Likes"
tapdevelop asked

Search - Browse API - No itemAffiliateWebUrl for EBAY_SG

If configured right (see below), calling Browse API search (/browse/v1/item_summary/search) returns the affiliate URL (itemAffiliateWebUrl) for ever item in every marketplace, except those from EBAY_SG.

The affiliate URL for EBAY_SG is returned by /buy/browse/v1/item/{item_id} which proves that items from EBAY_SG have an itemAffiliateWebUrl attached.

API URL

https://api.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item_summary/search?q=drone

HTTP Headers

Authorization:Bearer <your_access_token>
Content-Type:application/json
X-EBAY-C-MARKETPLACE-ID:EBAY_SG
X-EBAY-C-ENDUSERCTX:affiliateCampaignId=<your_campaign_id>

apiinconsistent data
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tapdevelop avatar image
0 Likes"
tapdevelop answered

Could someone replicate this behavior? It's very easy and if confirmed then it is a bug in the eBay Browse API and should be corrected.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jm_chasco avatar image
0 Likes"
jm_chasco answered

I tested one of my calls using EBAY_SG and i don't get affiliate link either, i thought it could be because i haven't partnership with Ebay Singapore, but i checked EBAY_HK (where i also haven't epn partnership) and it outputs affiliate link. So yes, EBAY_SG seems to be the only one not outputting affiliate link, itemAffiliateWebUrl field.

wemakeitallwork avatar image
0 Likes"
wemakeitallwork answered

I have a similar issue: itemAffiliateWebUr is returned for Hong Kong, but not Singapore or Poland. Assuming this is due to lack of approval for those eBay sites, how does one gain approval. I logged into my Partner account and could not find this option. Years ago, the Partner site showed "approved" sites, however, I don't see this now.

jm_chasco avatar image
0 Likes"
jm_chasco answered

Yes, Poland is not part of EPN by now, so no affiliate link for them.

https://partnernetwork.ebay.com/page/network-agreement#program-details

0 Likes"
wemakeitallwork answered

Ok, that would explain it.

This document shows API compatibility by eBay site:

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/static/ref-marketplace-supported.html

However, in my testing, Austria, Belgium & Switzerland don't work with Buy/Browse. All other sites do work.

Any ideas?

jm_chasco avatar image
0 Likes"
jm_chasco answered

This year they added Browse API support for Poland, Ireland and Netherlands, in April i think, so maybe they will add support for AT,BE and CH at some point, no other idea. As you said, the document shows which countries has the API support, and those are not listed yet.

0 Likes"
wemakeitallwork answered

My mistake. I was looking at item, not item_summary.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.