question

guycre8ive avatar image
0 Likes"
guycre8ive asked ·

itemID Explanation

Can someone explain how the itemIDs work? I'm assuming the v1 is the version but I'm seeing some with a second legacy number next to it, (v1|1234567890|1234567890) so I'm wondering why it's like that. Also any tips on getting an inactive account reinstated would be appreciated, my buyer account is suspended and I need to use the API to import all my orders. Thanks in advance!

api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered ·

Hi @guycre8ive ,

The legacy APIs return listing IDs not item IDs. A listing can be for one specific item, that could have many in stock. Or the listing can be a group of the same item that has variations, such as a shirt that comes in several sizes and colors.

The legacy APIs do not return the IDs of the individual items within a group, such as the red shirt size M and the red shirt size L. For each variation, the legacy APIs return the same ("parent") ItemID value, which represents the ID of a listing.

The RESTful APIs return either the ID of a group or the ID of a specific item, which can be a non-variation item or a specific item in an item group. These values are returned in the itemGroupId and itemId fields respectively.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/static/api-browse.html#Legacy

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.