question

guycre8ive avatar image
0 Likes"
guycre8ive asked

OAuth Access Token Question using .NET HttpWebRequest & HttpWebResponse

I just got scammed here and uncovered a dozen sellers pulling the same scam so I'm trying to write a scraper that would expose them faster. I've figured out code to generate an access token but when I try to use the token I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error, anyone know what I might be doing wrong? The code works fine when I use the token I generate through my account at eBay but not the one it generates through my code. Are these user tokens I'm generating through api.ebay.com/identity/v1/oauth2/token using grant_type=client_credentials?

oauth2.NET
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

guycre8ive avatar image
0 Likes"
guycre8ive answered

Never mind, I'm an idiot. I had to add the scope, lol.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

guycre8ive avatar image
0 Likes"
guycre8ive answered

Pretty sure I just read I'm generating user tokens so how do I generate an application token instead? I'm writing this scraper into a framework I'm developing but I want the users to provide their own keys to use the eBay API. The lady I talked to at the post office says the scamming is out of control so if I can get enough people to start hosting scraped image and listing data, we should be able to flag the fraudulent listings right when they post. The listing the scammer got me with was being used since last year. Fighting this will take a pretty big network though but I think I know how to pull it off. And if we can, hopefully eBay will contribute some of what we save them to the people hosting the data that is exposing the fraudulent listings. These scams have got to be driving people off the platform, I thought I was screwed when the seller added tracking that showed the item was delivered when it wasn't.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.