question

gmawhinney avatar image
0 Likes"
gmawhinney asked ·

How to confirm an eBay sandbox account type

So i'm using the BIG Commerce hosted store solution. Works pretty well. BUT, one of its best potential features is failing for me and I don't know if it is just because we are UK based and fall under EU restrictions for business sellers (example: http://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/455609321/m/9721021962).

BIG tell me to talk to eBay as their system uses eBay's API so I'm starting here - couldn't find a solution anywhere online, even in these forums.

Basically, when the BIG system 'pushes' the products from its database to my eBay sandbox account (all the keys / user id token etc are setup correctly) I get this error message:

"You are unable to list items, because you have not confirmed whether your account is for personal or business use. Go to My eBay -> Personal Information -> Account Type to confirm your account type now so that you can continue to sell. (21915450)"

But there is nowhere in the sandbox account area for an eBay store to specify the account type - only in the production store.

Does anyone have experience with this? How do I solve it please?

All help appreciated, thanks.

Glenn

error-sandboxaccount-authenticationebay-sandbox-store
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

iselllightbulbs avatar image
0 Likes"
iselllightbulbs answered ·
am encountering the same issue! any help greatly appreceited. ebay sandbox user: TESTUSER_interlocutor.ltd

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

developer-support@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
developer-support@ebay.com answered ·

Hey Glen,

This sounds like a glitch with the sandbox user you have.  Can you create a new one, and try again?  If it still happens with the new user, please provide the userid, and I'll check the configuration of the user.

Thanks,

Jimmy

eBay Developer Support

· 1 · Share

Hi

I have created a new sandbox user (id:  TESTUSER_allylyons)

I have created the token keys and all works well.

When I try to list an item via the API I get the following:

Failed - 21915450 Unable to list item.You are unable to list items, because you have not confirmed whether your account is for personal or business use. Go to My eBay -gt; Personal Information -gt; Account Type to confirm your account type now so that you can continue to sell.

I have tried various attempts but still cant get it to work and tried to create a new user but same problem

Please help me ASAP with this

Thanks

Ally

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.