question

howlooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong avatar image
0 Likes"

Get Ad Fee for specific order

I need to retrieve the Ad fee for promoted listings. I went through all the APIs and have not found any good solution for this.

I can get the bidPercentage with getAd and calculate it myself for the specific itemId but it doesn't help with old orders as the percentage can change. Also going through all the campaigns and ads to find the one for the specific item is troublesome.

getTransactions gives me the fee transaction but with no relevant info to link it to any specific order, just the itemId. One way would be to get the first AD_FEE transaction after the payment transaction for the order, but can I be sure that it will be the correct fee ALWAYS?

I'm posting this regarding the new API but if anyone knows how it can be done under the old Trading API that would help as well.

Thanks

new sell api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

++++

interested in the same question
0 Likes 0 ·
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @howlooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ,

You can use the GetTransactions call of Finances API for getting the AD_FEE for a order.

Please go through the link given below to more about the call.

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/finances/resources/transaction/methods/getTransactions

Best Regards ,
eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello!

Unfortunately we are facing the same issue, the getTransactions method always return 204, no matter what. We tried no filters, per order filter, date filter. The only difference is that if you set date filter for like 2018 you'll get Error 500, otherwise Error 204 every time.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
glowinmagic avatar image
0 Likes"
glowinmagic answered

Dear Ebay Support.I tried to get information from "API Finances" https://apiz.ebay.com/sell/finances/v1/transaction,

but the response is always blank with status 204

even in standard examples in API Explorer with valid authentication token and Grant Application Access. Oauth Scopes has https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/sell.finances

Suggest a way to get Ad Fee for new orders Thanks

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @howlooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ,

HTTP status code 204 (No Content) show that no monetary transactions match the input criteria.

It seems like the seller does not have any monetary transactions. Please make sure you are using the correct user token of seller in the request for whom you want to fetch the information.

Best Regards ,
eBay Developer Support

glowinmagic avatar image
0 Likes"
glowinmagic answered

Thank you for your answer!

I have read the documentation and I know what this status means - I also use explorer API and I get the token right before the request.

If the problem was the token, I wouldn't be able to get the order information - from the Fullfilment API.

Why Fullfilment API shows the order information, but Financial API answers 204?

I tried not to use the any filter.

I tried specify in the filter, the order id received in Fullfilment API - GetOrders,

but Financial API answers 204.

Please provide the relevant answer

Is the seller registered for managed payments?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.