question

leelalinea avatar image
0 Likes"
leelalinea asked

Seller Problem and Ebay Problem

I bought something that arrived damaged although the packaging was in perfect condition.
I used ebay to contact the seller to get it replaced and within a day a number of things happened.
I got a message from ebay saying the seller was ok with a return and they would pay the postage (I had already paid 13 GBP in postage to gewt it in the first place). This set the returns process in motion and then I got a message saying that the seller now refuses to pay for the postage and I should contact the seller myself to sort this.
I sent the seller a message asking them how we should resolve this and I got an Out Of Office for the next 21 days message. This would take us up to the point where they no longer had liability.
I started to smell something nasty.
I checked up on the company name and got a residential property as a business address. Also the item I bought was no longer for sale on ebay.... anywere on ebay. I also went to check what else this company sold and although they claim to be over 10 years in ebay business I couldn't find any other items for sale.
I have tried contacting ebay through their resolution centre but it isn't working (The server at ocs.ebay.co.uk is taking too long to respond.) and as far as ebay is concerned on the website this item is being returned.
All I want is for ebay to advise me on what to do but getting in touch is nearly impossible.
Any ideas.

returnsscamebay problemsresolution centre problemsseller problem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

You'll need to ask over at the main eBay discussion forums. This forum here is just for developers/programmers/coders of 3rd-party services.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks

Ebay are a nightmare to contact.

0 Likes 0 ·
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @leelalinea,

As your issue is not related to any eBay API, we suggest you to go to resolution center and raise a request there regarding your issue.

REF: https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

You can also refer to link given below to know more about how to handle Returns, missing items, and refunds related issues.

REF: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/returns-missing-items-refunds-buyers?id=4008

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.