question

lotusezio avatar image
0 Likes"
lotusezio asked ·

CreateOrReplaceInventoryItem aspects required,

I'm trying to call createOrReplaceInventoryItem. My task worked since months, but today all day I get this error (locale italian):

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "errorId": 25002,
      "domain": "API_INVENTORY",
      "subdomain": "Selling",
      "category": "REQUEST",
      "message": "A user error has occurred. Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Colore. Aggiungi la voce Colore a questa inserzione, inserisci un valore valido e riprova.",
      "parameters": [
        {
          "name": "0",
          "value": "Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Colore."
        },
        {
          "name": "1",
          "value": "Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Colore. Aggiungi la voce Colore a questa inserzione, inserisci un valore valido e riprova."
        },
        {
          "name": "2",
          "value": "Colore"
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      "message": "A user error has occurred. Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Stile. Aggiungi la voce Stile a questa inserzione, inserisci un valore valido e riprova.",
        {
          "value": "Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Stile."
        },
        {
          "value": "Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Stile. Aggiungi la voce Stile a questa inserzione, inserisci un valore valido e riprova."
        },
        {
          "value": "Stile"
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      "message": "A user error has occurred. Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Reparto. Aggiungi la voce Reparto a questa inserzione, inserisci un valore valido e riprova.",
        {
          "value": "Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Reparto."
        },
        {
          "value": "Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Reparto. Aggiungi la voce Reparto a questa inserzione, inserisci un valore valido e riprova."
        },
        {
          "value": "Reparto"
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      "message": "A user error has occurred. Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Tipo. Aggiungi la voce Tipo a questa inserzione, inserisci un valore valido e riprova.",
        {
          "value": "Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Tipo."
        },
        {
          "value": "Manca la specifica dell'oggetto relativa alla voce Tipo. Aggiungi la voce Tipo a questa inserzione, inserisci un valore valido e riprova."
        },
        {
          "value": "Tipo"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

Seems like that those aspects are required even if I already specified the variant "Taglia" (size), that is required and it is used to populate the variants of my item.

Below the payload sent to the api (that doesn't cause any error on the Api Explorer tool.

{
  "availability": {
    "shipToLocationAvailability": {
      "quantity": 1
    }
  },
  "condition": "NEW",
  "product": {
    "description": "Taglia L",
    "imageUrls": [
      "MYURL"
    ],
    "title": "MYTITLE",
    "ean": [
      "Non applicabile"
    ],
    "aspects": {
      "Taglia": [
        "Taglia L"
      ],
      "Colore": [
        "Non specificato"
      ],
      "Reparto": [
        "Uomo"
      ],
      "Stile": [
        "Non specificato"
      ],
      "Tipo": [
        "Non specificato"
      ],
      "MPN": [
        "Non applicabile"
      ],
      "Marca": [
        "- Senza marca/Generico -"
      ]
    },
    "brand": "- Senza marca/Generico -",
    "mpn": "Non applicabile"
  }
}

I censored my sinsible informations, but as you can see seems everything fine, on the aspects "Reparto" I've put one on the list item provided by eBay (getItemAspectsForCategory).

Please note that I got this error also without "Colore", "Reparto", "Stile" and "Tipo" aspects.

Which is the error?

Thank you

createorreplaceinventoryitemproduct aspects
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered ·

Hi @lotusezio ,

eBay changed the item specifics for some of the categories on February 22, 2021. Please go through the link given below and find the "Item specifics requirements" to see the list of categories for which item specifics has been changed.

REF: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/item-specifics.html

To get the all of the latest require Item Aspects, please use the Taxonomy API.

Please follow the steps given below :-

1.Firstly, you need to call GetDefaultCategoryTreeId to retrieve the default CategoryTreeId associated with the specified eBay marketplace ID.

REF:https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/commerce/taxonomy/resources/category_tree/methods/getDefaultCategoryTreeId

2. After getting the CategoryTreeId, please make the GetItemAspectsForCategory with the category_id and category_tree_id to the all of the supported and required item Aspects of a category

REF: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/commerce/taxonomy/resources/category_tree/methods/getItemAspectsForCategory

Best regards ,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.