question

gblohm_de avatar image
0 Likes"
gblohm_de asked ·

getTransactions / filter=transactionId doesn't seem to work

Trying to get information about a specific transaction, by transactionId, doesn't seem to work, at least in the sandbox.

```

curl -i -H 'Authorization:Bearer <redacted>' 'https://apiz.sandbox.ebay.com/sell/finances/v1/transaction?filter=transactionId:{04-00013-11233}'

```

doesn't find anything; however, this transaction ID is one that's listed in the results when I omit the filter parameter.

What's worse, it returns a 302 redirect to an HTML page. I guess the server itself returns a 500 for some reason, which the reverse proxy turns into a 302.

People, come on. It's great that you don't expose users to HTTP errors. But doing this to an API that expects JSON breaks so many things, including not exposing any useful information what's wrong about the call that the HTTP server might give out. Please do your redirects on user visible pages, but don't do that on APIs!

finances api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.