question

n1shop avatar image
0 Likes"
n1shop asked

Having an XML Parse error when message to buyer contains special characters &&&

Hey all.

I am using the AddMemberMessageAAQToPartner call to send a message to buyers (I think it's the only method for this?).

Anyways, I managed to send messages successfully before but - if the message contains some special characters (&&& in my case, which I need for this message) I get an XML Parse error.

Response:

<AddMemberMessageAAQToPartnerResponse xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents"><Timestamp>2021-02-02T16:10:06.607Z</Timestamp><Ack>Failure</Ack><Errors><ShortMessage>XML Parse error.</ShortMessage><LongMessage>XML Error Text: &quot;; nested exception is:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 16; columnNumber: 2; The entity name must immediately follow the &apos;&amp;&apos; in the entity reference.&quot;.</LongMessage><ErrorCode>5</ErrorCode><SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode><ErrorParameters ParamID="0"><Value>; nested exception is:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 16; columnNumber: 2; The entity name must immediately follow the &apos;&amp;&apos; in the entity reference.</Value></ErrorParameters><ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification></Errors><Version>1177</Version><Build>E1177_CORE_APIMSG_19110890_R1</Build></AddMemberMessageAAQToPartnerResponse>

How can I escape this error and send the & character.?

And another question, is there a call for notifications? (New order, etc...)

Thanks in advance :)

messageserror messageerror 5
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.