question

mdnassets avatar image
0 Likes"
mdnassets asked ·

Platform Notification for BestOffer Accepted?

(SOLVED!) I've been exploring the Platform Notifications documentation and there are two scenarios I haven't been able to account for:

1. Notification when a Seller (me) has accepted a buyer's proposed BestOffer.
    • Answer:
      • FixedPriceTransaction will fire
        • And in that notification BestOfferSale will be set to true
  2. Notification when a Buyer has made payment following an accepted BestOffer.
    • Answer:
      • AuctionCheckoutComplete will fire
        • This will fire for all payments, regardless of if they're BuyNow vs. BestOffer
        • BestOfferSale will be set to true if it's an accepted best offer.

Everything's works great for our fixed price listings because offer/checkout happen together and there are clear notifications for those...

But does anyone know which notifications will get us #1 and #2? Are they folded into another notification somehow?

Many thanks,

platform notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mdnassets avatar image
1 Like"
mdnassets answered ·

Update A: I've now managed to confirm that #2 (payment following accepted BestOffer) triggers the AuctionCheckoutComplete notification, which is great!

However, scenario #1 (notification when BestOffer is accepted) is still an open question if anyone has an answer there.

Update B: I've confirmed that regarding #1, FixedPriceTransaction Does in fact fire when a BestOffer is accepted! (Including when a counter-offer is accepted) you can differentiate it like so:

• Best Offer is accepted:
    • NotificationEventName: FixedPriceTransaction
    • BestOfferSale: true
  • Buy Now occurs
    • NotificationEventName: FixedPriceTransaction
    • BestOfferSale: false

I'll go back and update my original post now.

·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hiperlights_russia avatar image
1 Like"
hiperlights_russia answered ·

AuctionCheckoutComplete is actually fired on ANY payment done.

You will get a new order notification on (auto)accepting an offer.

AND it seems that you can NOT retrieve NON-active best offers... it contradicts documentation but it is true.

· 1 ·

Very helpful, thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.