question

d.b.metals avatar image
1 Like"
d.b.metals asked ·

Issue with API Explorer

I can't paste the token into the API explorer. It keeps deleting it the instant I paste. I don't know what is going on. I'm logged into everything properly. I sign into production as I'm supposed to. I copy the token and paste it into the token section, but it just keeps disappearing. What do I do?

tokenapi explorer
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

boxbeautyco avatar image
1 Like"
boxbeautyco answered ·

Same problem here, anyone figure it out?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bestuser2018 avatar image
0 Likes"
bestuser2018 answered ·

Even manually editing the HTML and pasting in the token there doesn't work. Nor does pasting the token into the call below.

I have found one "bizarre" way you can try. It sounds like it wouldn't work but it does.

1. Ensure you have selected right API, call etc.
  2. Click into the token field.
  3. Have the token copied (in clipboard).
  4. Hold Ctrl + V (paste) down which will cause it to try pasting continually.
  5. Try and let go when you see text in the box (i.e. you're breaking the already broken Javascript which is clearing the box).
  6. For me, the token text then stayed in the box and I could make test calls.
  7. If you trigger any javacript reactivation, like changing call, eBay's broken code will clear the token box again.

bestuser2018 avatar image
0 Likes"
bestuser2018 answered ·

Yes same problem for me, API Explorer now is not usable

Same problem, API Explorer now is not usable.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.