question

dannyloveskarin avatar image
0 Likes"
dannyloveskarin asked ·

UK VAT After Brexit - How to identify if the seller or eBay are responsible for VAT?,Post Brexit OMP VAT - How to see if seller or eBay is responsible for UK VAT?

From 1st January 2021 new rules for the collection of UK VAT through online marketplaces have come into force.

eBay state on their Managed Payments Developer hep page:

"Starting January 1, 2021, the UK government will introduce a new model for the VAT treatment of goods arriving into Great Britain from outside of the UK for marketplaces. Many of our APIs will change to include Value-Added Tax (VAT) wherever applicable. Please make sure to go through the API and VAT documentation to understand the changes."

I can't find any of the documentation they are referring to in order to work out how we can separate sales which the seller is responsible for VAT and sales where eBay is responsible for VAT.

Does anyone know how to do this?

eBay - could you explain where in the API documentation this information is? Ideally if this is in the Orders API that would make the most sense.

I know eBay have a similar thing for US and Australian/New Zealand sales tax.

Specifically we need to be able to identify if the seller or marketplace is responsible for VAT on each order from a managed payments payout.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

vatmanaged paymentsuk
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered ·

Hi @dannyloveskarin,

Please refer below docs and let me know if helps you:

https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/news/brexit

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/listings/default/vat-obligations-eu?id=4650

Best Regards ,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.