question

geoffrey59 avatar image
0 Likes"
geoffrey59 asked ·

What's the best way to create translated offers using Inventory Item ?

Hello,

We are working on publishing our catalog on ebay.

We would like to publish offers on many ebay's sites (Germany, France, Spain etc..)

We have translations available, so we'd like the title and description to be in the locale of the store.

But I can't figure out in the createOrReplaceInventoryItem method how to set different language, and at the end, create an offer with the concerned locale ?

What's the best workfflow to publish my products in the good locales on each stores ?

thank you

translation
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·

Hi @geoffrey59,

CreateOrReplaceInventoryItem call creates a new inventory item record or replaces an existing inventory item record. When you made the CreateOrReplaceInventoryItem call for same SKU, existing inventory item records associated with SKU were updated.

We suggest to make CreateOrReplaceInventoryItem for different SKU value to create new inventory item records.

Best Regards ,
eBay Developer Support

·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

geoffrey59 avatar image
0 Likes"
geoffrey59 answered ·

@sagar_developersupport hi, can you help please, we're stucked on this problem..

Thank you :)

·

geoffrey59 avatar image
0 Likes"
geoffrey59 answered ·

Hi @sagar_developersupport

Thank you for your time answering my question :)

I thought it was working the way you describe it, according to the documentation.

But in practice here's my workflow which, I think, follow your advices, but doesnt work for me :

1/ I send an inventoryItem to ebay API (using createOrReplaceInventoryItem) with title & description in German. I set up the locale de-DE in content-language's header, and de-DE in Accept-Language's header. API return 204.

2/ I send the same product (with the same SKU, still using createOrReplaceInventoryItem) but this time with title & description in french. I set up the locale fr-FR in Content-Language's header and fr-FR in Accept-Language's header

3/ I try to get the created inventoryItem using getInventoryItem passing de-DE accept-language, but the ebay API return the last updated inventory Item which, in my case, is in french according to the title & description returned. The GetInventoryItem doesn't support the Content-Language according to the documentation. (https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/inventory_item/methods/getInventoryItem)

Did I missed something ?

How to get it working properly ?

I was thinking about creating a new SKU for each locale, but it seems weird to me...

Thank you !

·

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered ·

Hi @geoffrey59,

In createOrReplaceInventoryItem call use Content-Language header to set the language.

Ex: For US English, the code value passed in this header should be en-US. To view other supported Content-Language values, and to read more about it please refer below docs:

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/rest-request-components.html

Ref: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/rest-request-components.html#marketpl

Best Regards ,
eBay Developer Support

· 1 ·

hi, I just answered you below, but my answer was too long for a comment :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.