question

tonerkurier_de avatar image
0 Likes"
tonerkurier_de asked

Delivery address and invoice address

Hi, 

Currently it seems like the ebay api only provides one address which is the delivery address of the buyer. I've searched through api documentation but I couldn't find anything related to a separate delivery and separate invoice address via getOrders(). This is really something the api should provide as it produces a lot of work afterwards if the buyer gets back to you as he'd like to have the invoice address changed on the bill. Did I miss something or is there really just the delivery address via getOrders() call?

Thanks,

Werner

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered

Hi Werner,

No you have not missed anything.  We actually only supply the shipping address as you mentioned.  This is done because of privacy policy reasons.

The only other address you can retrieve is the registration address from the GetUser API.  But in order to get back that info you must have the eBayAuthToken.  And if you are a seller trying to get this from a buyer you won't be able to.

This has come up more often than not.  I think a lot of larger merchant will build their own added functionality to have the user fill out the necessary information.  But I don't know for sure.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

irgiak_18 avatar image
0 Likes"
irgiak_18 answered

Is there any change on this?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.