question

primusvolta avatar image
0 Likes"
primusvolta asked

Error 500 when using createOrReplaceInventoryItem in sandbox

Hello!

After creating a location I'm trying to add some test item using createOrReplaceInventoryItem method, and the item data is from eBay example. First request, I got error 500:

"There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance","parameters":[{"name":"message","value":"com.sun.jersey.api.MessageException: A message body reader for Java class com.ebay.raptor.slrinvapi.app.entities.InventoryItem, and Java type class com.ebay.raptor.slrinvapi.app.entities.InventoryItem, and MIME media type application/octet-stream was not found."

I've realized that there is no 'Content-Type: application/json' on eBay page about the method, so I added one, then I got another 500:

"There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance"

Any help appreciated with this!

I'm just starting with eBay API and I've added a location, now trying to add item - getting error 500 with error message:

"There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance","parameters" :.. MessageException: A message body reader for Java class com.ebay.raptor.slrinvapi.app.entities.InventoryItem, and Java type class com.ebay.raptor.slrinvapi.app.entities.InventoryItem, and MIME media type application/octet-stream was not found."

I've noticed that on the page about the method, in 'request headers' part there's no 'Content-Type: application/json' but I thought that it should be included in the request - so I did that and got another 500:

"There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance".

Any ideas guys? I've used example JSON payload from the eBay site. Thanks in advance.

sandboxerror-sandboxcreateorreplaceinventoryitemerror 500
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ups! ... I thougth I'd lost the first message so I wrote another, now there are both there, so funny! :-)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered

Hi @primusvolta,

Please specify following headers in request and retry the call.
Accept:application/json
Content-Type:application/json
Content-Language:en-US
https://developer.ebay.com/my/api_test_tool?index=0&env=sandbox&api=inventory&call=inventory_item-sku__PUT&variation=json

Best Regards ,
eBay Developer Support

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.