question

noturtle avatar image
1 Like"
noturtle asked ·

BUG: Post-Order API issuing refund for return not working

I'm trying to issue a refund for returnId 5166595179. Unfortunately, it doesn't go through. I'm receiving an errorId 1764 with the message: 'Your refund did not go through. Please try again later or contact us.'

Additional information: retriable internal error in OPMS REST - Execute money movement failed.

Since, unlike most tech companies, eBay doesn't have an option to file issues and bug reports other than purchasing paid support - which doesn't make any sense, because why would I pay for a problem that is on eBay's side? - I'm using the forums to inform you about it.

Maybe someone smart can forward it to the right team along with a note to introduce a bug tracker that is available to developers so we don't have to spam the developer forums.

bugbug reportpost-order apireturnslive-system
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello,

I'm having the same issue since 2-3 hours and not working though I have sufficient funds for the partial refund. Please help before the deadline of the refund:

returnId=5170825796&errorId=1764

What should I do?

Thanks,

0 Likes 0 ·
operations1985 avatar image
0 Likes"
operations1985 answered ·

Hello,

I'm having the same issue since 2-3 hours and not working though I have sufficient funds for the partial refund. Please help before the deadline of the refund:

returnId=5170825796&errorId=1764

What should I do?

Thanks,

· 2 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eBay tried to switch me over to Managed Payments but I haven't completed the switch yet so they limited my account. Maybe this is causing the problem. Eventually, I went and did a manual refund through the eBay interface directly. It does of course defeat the purpose of an API. As a side note: Before I did countless refunds and they always worked. My code base hasn't changed at all. So I assume some eBay accounts might be in limbo.

1 Like 1 ·
Eventually, I went and did a manual refund through the eBay interface directly. 

@noturtle Thanks for your help. However, can you please send me the steps because I was trying from the return case and I don't know about this manual interface.

0 Likes 0 ·
shimes28 avatar image
0 Likes"
shimes28 answered ·

Thanks for the information

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.