question

kevimetal avatar image
0 Likes"
kevimetal asked

Account suspended - lack of use. Can it be reinstated?

My developer account is suspended. I barely used it, just some initial API tests so it could only be related to lack of use. Is it possible for it be re-instated please? Thank you.

developer account suspended
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

I don't know the URL at the moment, but eBay Dev provides a contact channel for people who have trouble logging in to their Dev accounts and can't submit a Support ticket. Look around the forums here, as sometimes it's mentioned.

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevimetal avatar image
0 Likes"
kevimetal answered

Thank you helios, but I cannot find this contact channel you mention. By any chance can someone share this? I have searched and found nothing.

10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

I went looking for it, and it was easy to find. Go to the eBay Developer home page. At he bottom of the page are navigational links. See "Support" then click "FAQs and Contact Channels". Find the best option in "Help With My Developer Account" to submit a message to them.

10 |600

kevimetal avatar image
0 Likes"
kevimetal answered

helios, of course I already looked at all of that, and there isn't a contact channel available. If you're going to be smarmy, at least be correct. The closest thing is a contact form for those who can't reset their password, which I am not able to do because my account is suspended. The potential (but not ideal) workaround would be to use a different email, username, and start again. It's just a shame that ebay don't seem to monitor these forums or have other means to contact them regarding simple issues.

10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

I realize there isn't a "my developer account has been suspended" option in that contact/FAQ list I mentioned earlier. There certainly should be such an option, since this is a common complaint here on the forum.

But when I click "My account registration was rejected" or "Problem in verifying my email address during registration", it brings up a contact form that presumably you can fill out and submit and will reach the eBay Dev team. That is the contact channel I was referring to briefly when I first answered this thread. Those descriptions aren't the exact situations you are in, of course, but perhaps close enough to still warrant submitting the form to reach the team.

I haven't actually tried submitting the contact form myself. You say you tried that. Did the form not function properly? Or maybe it worked, but you never received an email response from them?

10 |600

kevimetal avatar image
0 Likes"
kevimetal answered

Yes, I did try the "Problem in verifying my email address during registration" but haven't had a response, not sure if I will since that isn't really the state my account is in now.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond helios.

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.