question

te-904232 avatar image
0 Likes"
te-904232 asked

createOffer could not be found or is not available in the system for the marketplace

I have no problems creating the inventory item but when I come to creating the offer on the EBAY_MY market place, this is the following error that I received. And interestingly, it works for EBAY_US, just not for EBAY_MY. I tried reading into the documentations but found not help. May I know what's the reason and if this has a solution? Thanks in advanced.

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "errorId": 25751,
            "domain": "API_INVENTORY",
            "subdomain": "Selling",
            "category": "REQUEST",
            "message": "GP-Cam-01 could not be found or is not available in the system for the marketplace EBAY_MY.",
            "parameters": [
                {
                    "name": "text1",
                    "value": "GP-Cam-01"
                },
                {
                    "name": "text2",
                    "value": "EBAY_MY"
                }
            ]
        }
    ]
}

Also, FYI this is the request body ( I am using postman ).

{
    "sku": "GP-Cam-01",
    "marketplaceId": "EBAY_MY",
    "format": "FIXED_PRICE",
    "availableQuantity": 10,
    "categoryId": "30120",
    "listingDescription": "Doggie plush",
    "listingPolicies": {
        "fulfillmentPolicyId": "{
  {fulfillment_policy_id}}",
        "paymentPolicyId": "{
  {payment_policy_id}}",
        "returnPolicyId": "{
  {return_policy_id}}"
    },
    "pricingSummary": {
        "price": {
            "currency": "USD",
            "value": "272.17"
        }
    },
    "quantityLimitPerBuyer": 1,
    "includeCatalogProductDetails": true
}

createoffer25751
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

te-904232 avatar image
0 Likes"
te-904232 answered

Solved my own question. So the culprit was the Content-Language header, in which I specified en-US for that item. And thus, this inventory was only made available for the EBAY_US.

The reason why I used en-US was because it was stated in the documentation https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/rest-request-components.html#marketpl that EBAY_MY is en-US.

The solution was to change the header from en-US to en-MY ( and also change the currency ) and voila, 201. Hope that this bit of information can be updated to the documentation ( or please let me know where this piece of information is? ). Thank you team eBay.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.