question

docnet avatar image
0 Likes"
docnet asked ·

Sandbox user token - browser rejecting cookies?!

Hi,

I am trying to create a User Token for my sandbox user (which I have just created) - I've gone through all the relevant screens, selecting the sandbox environment, selecting the correct key set, etc.

When I click on "Continue to generate token", and then login as the sandbox user, I get the following message:

"The browser you are using is rejecting cookies."

This is not correct - the browser I am using is accepting cookies perfectly fine. I've tried IE, Firefox and Chrome, all with the same results.

Anybody shed any light?

Thanks,
D

sandboxcookies
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

On further inspection of the page that results in eBay incorrectly reporting that my browser is rejecting cookies, the page is 404ing on:

https://secureinclude.sandbox.ebaystatic.com/js/e723/uk/ebaybase_v4_e7231uk.js

There are also numerous calls to an "ebay" object that is not defined - I assume as a result of this missing javascript.

Please get this sorted out - it's preventing me from developing our solution - your sandbox is broken!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
docnet avatar image
0 Likes"
docnet answered ·

Hi,

I found the resolution to this, if anyone is interested.

I found out that I was getting this error because the sandbox user hadn't completed the email validation steps. I will point out, that I did not receive an email validation email, until I attempted to login to http://www.sandbox.ebay.co.uk/ using my sandbox user. Once I did this, I had to manually request the email again. Once I completed this step, I was then able to generate my sandbox user token.

I would like to point out that how this bug presented itself is worrying. Declaring the the user is rejecting cookies, when something entirely different is going in, is pretty bad form. This is fairly basic stuff, and it's a bit horrifying that eBay are getting it wrong after all this time.

Anyway, this is now sorted...

Cheers,
Dave

·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.